Our Flavourful Beef Burgers
- Use a ground “medium” certified Angus beef, ( medium ground beef has a little more fat which results in a more flavorful & moist end product)
- Healthy 8oz portions (.5/lb)
- Toasted Kaiser bun
- Freshly cut condiments, ripe tomatoes, crisp lettuce
- High quality of meat = DON’T overcook it, a little pink shouldn’t scare you away
- *TRICK* Place portion in between two slices of cling film, flatten with the bottom of large can, make it even thickness for even cooking!
5lbs Ground Beef
5 scallions, finely chopped
10 Worcestershire shakes
2 tbsp chopped garlic
¼ cup cold water
2 tbsp kosher salt
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp paprika (smoked paprika if you can find it)
Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Suggestions ~ This is where it can get creative:
Try making a “stuffed” burger, this is how:
- – Divide a 8oz portion into two and flatten each piece
- – Stuff one side with the cheese of your choice (I love Swiss gruyere)
- – Try also adding such ingredients as roasted peppers, mushrooms, ham, spinach, or even your favourite relish
- – Put the other half on and seal the edges, be careful when cooking this, use a medium heat, it takes a few minutes longer than your typical burger.
Another small twist, think oriental: Take a mixture of ground beef and pork and flavor it with ingredients such as ginger, Soya sauce (low sodium), rice wine, fresh chili’s, & sesame oil. Cook and top it with some sautéd shitake mushrooms, Napa cabbage & toasted sesame bun. (Don’t forget the Sake!)