Southwestern Roast Chicken Quesadillas
Chef Mike has updated the menu in the restaurant with some fun, casual dining fare, including his recipe for Southwestern Roast Chicken Quesadillas.
- Take one air chilled, grain fed chicken and butterfly in half.
- Prepare a marinade using 2 litres of cranberry juice, 5 tablespoons of salt, 1 cup of sugar, 3 sprigs of rosemary, slivered ginger, and 2 cut oranges (rind and all).
- Place chicken in marinade for 48-72 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade and pat dry.
- Roast chicken at 325F on barbecue for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Generously fill garlic flavoured flour tortilla with Monterey Jack cheese.
- Top with shredded southwestern roast chicken and diced green onions.
- Fold tortilla to close, and bake in 325F oven until golden brown – flipping once after 5-7 minutes.
- Cut into wedges.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa & fresh lime.